Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day

To celebrate Mom and Dad's labor day, we went canoeing at Jay Cooke State Park. We went under the swinging bridge and down to the dam! For those of you who know the park, you also know that I am kidding. Those are class 5+ rapids and my parents want me to live past the age of 4 months. But we did canoe below the dam where it is a pretty river, basically wide enough to be a lake. I had fun in the first half, but got grumpy when my nap was overdue and Mom wasn't rocking me to sleep. So Dad had to paddle hard without the help of Mom (by this time I demanded that she hold me) back to the canoe launch area only for me to then be asleep. So since I was sleeping at that point, he fished for a bit longer, but no luck. Overall, I think I made it clear that I want to wait another year before we attempt canoeing again.

Me and Mom when I was still happy.

Me when I was happier yet. I was content laying under the blanket for the first 15 minutes.


Maybe next year I can get a mini paddle of my own and show Dad up with my paddling speed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment