Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

I had a very fun Memorial Day. We went to the mall! I got to ride the escalator, and run all over while Mommy went shopping and bought lots of clothes. We all had fun! Except I'm not sure if Dad's idea of fun is chasing me around everywhere, but he got Taco Bell out of it, so it was worth it for him too! We woke up this morning to thunderstorms, which lead to the lesson of lightening and thunder ("thunder loud"). And it was foggy and dreary for the whole day, so it was perfect for getting some shopping done. We even saw my friend Caitlin at the mall too. She is 2, just like me. So we got to run around together. Then we came home and I took my 4 hour nap, which seems to be the trend lately. I must be growing. Dad came and woke me up at 6, and Mom had dinner ready, chicken and mashed potatoes.

I said "Tastes good!", as soon as I dug in. It made it much more fun eating my potatoes with my digger utensils the Hoekmans gave me for Christmas. I specifically asked Mom for my digger fork- it works perfectly with mashed potatoes.


"Vroom, vroom!"


Peter went down for a little nap at 7, so Mom and Dad went outside and did a little loop around the neighborhood. For those of you that don't live in Duluth, you might wonder why we have jackets and winter hats on. Well that is because it was the lovely temperature of 45 degrees outside. Nothing says the start of summer like a day in the 40's. I hope all you city folk down in Minneapolis enjoyed your 88 degree weather!




Running down this little street stream was fun!


I still love puddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment