Thursday, August 26, 2010

Camping Trip 2010

The start of our summer camping trip began very well in our new van!

Hey! I don't want to take a nap. I am too excited for vacation!!!

Oh, fine. I will sleep then.

A night of camping at Glendalough State Park in western MN. It was cart-in camping so we had to bring all our stuff from the van to the campsite with these carts, including me!

The pretty sunset after the rain. We got to hang out in the tent and play for an hour while it rained. Good thing we have a new big tent now!

Hey down there! You are so short, Daddy!

So pretty!

We went to Fergus Falls to visit Mom's cousin and her kids. I had a lot of fun running around and playing with them, but unfortunately it was prime time nap time, so I was a little fussy and they didn't get to see my best side.

The giant otter at the local park in Fergus Falls.

Me and Kelby running around having fun. He is 3 years old.

We went to Buffalo River State Park, by Moorhead, and walked through a Monarch butterfly colony. They were everywhere! Super pretty!

Me and Mom by the river, but it was quick- the mosquitoes were terrible!

There was this cool filtered, chlorinated swim pond that we had to go in, despite it being only 70 degrees. It was so great! Nice and shallow for me to walk and play in.

On our way to Maplewood State Park, Dad spotted this big pelican in Pelican Rapids.

Helping Dad build the fire at Maplewood State Park.




Home, sweet van.

I found another stick for the fire!

Me and Mom, with the van lurking in the background.

Different spot with Dad, but the van is still watching us!

The water was very pretty. Especially after the long hike we just took, it was nice to step out into the breeze on the lake.


Struttin' my stuff on the boardwalk.

Mom is cruisin' us back home in our trusty van.

No comments:

Post a Comment